The final match of the ODI series between the Kiwis and the Lions is here, and the game is likely to be an epic match. With this match being played on January 8, 2019, the ODI series between the two teams is coming to an end, and there will be a single T20 match after this between the opponents. Here are some facts and predictions about this match:-
|Match||New Zealand Vs Sri Lanka|
|Time||3: 30 am IST, January 8, 2019|
|Venue||Saxton Oval, Nelson|
|Match days||3 January 2019 – day/night match (50-over match)|
|Series||Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018-19 ODI Series|
|Match number||ODI no. 4076|
|TV Umpires||Richard Illingworth|
|Reserve Umpire||Schofield Haigh|
|Match Referee||Sir Richie Richardson|
The squads have been announced. Have a look at the teams before you make any predictions about the match:-
New Zealand Team
KS Williamson (c), TA Boult, DAJ Bracewell, LH Ferguson, MJ Guptill, MJ Henry, C Munro, JDS Neesham, HM Nicholls, TL Seifert †, IS Sodhi, TG Southee, LRPL Taylor
Sri Lanka Team
SL Malinga (c), PVD Chameera, LD Chandimal †, DM de Silva, N Dickwella †, N Pradeep, DAS Gunaratne, MD Gunathilaka, CBRLS Kumara, BKG Mendis †, MDKJ Perera †, NLTC Perera, S Prasanna, CAK Rajitha, S Samarawickrama †, PADLR Sandakan, MD Shanaka
• We are still waiting for the squads to be announced by both the teams so that our predictions could be more precise and accurate for this match.
• The records show that it is a tricky pitch. There is no set formula that the pitch performs better in the first innings or the second innings. The average score in both the innings is more or less the same. Therefore, it will be important to choose the batting or bowling decision carefully after studying the pitch. Studying the pitch report is not just important for the captains but is also important for you if you are going to make some cricket predictions.
• Considering the past encounter of both the teams along with the current ICC ODI rankings, New Zealand is at a better position than team India. This surely must have created some pressure on the minds of the visitors, yet, they are giving a good fight in the game and making it turn more interesting.
• Since it is the last match of the ODI series, both the teams are expected to have some pressure on their minds. It is hard to say that they will perform well under this pressure or might end up doing some great mistakes.
• The form of the players will completely be clear by this match. Thus, you will be able to predict the match in a better manner once the first two ODIs are played. Also, if you are going to play fantasy cricket or online betting, you cannot think of playing the games without knowing the current form of players if you want to win big.
Though New Zealand has more chances of winning the match and the series considering most of the facts, it will be interesting to watch how team Sri Lanka tackles the pressure situation.