West Indies vs India; 2nd T20I
Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida.
India tour of West Indies 2019; T20I
Saturday, 4th August 2019; 8:00 PM IST.
The pitch in Florida has favored the team, batting first. The same can be comprehended from the fact that the chasing sides lost six out of the seven games. Even in the last five T20s, the chasing team has won only once. The average run-rate in T20Is at this venue is 8.05. In 2016, India and Windies were involved in a game, which produced almost 500 runs.
The weather forecast for Lauderhill does not look good, with scattered thunderstorms and muggy conditions expected all day. Due to this, it could be a stop-start day of cricket in Florida.
West Indies and India face each other in Lauderhill, Florida. India kicks off their tour of the Caribbean with a brief sojourn to the United States. The match takes place on August 4 and the live-action begins at 10:30 local time.
India has travelled with a strong squad, including captain Virat Kohli and vice-captain Rohit Sharma, who will want to put suggestions of a falling out – which they have both strongly rebuked – to bed with a strong performance on the field.
West Indies will be led by Carlos Brathwaite. Meanwhile, they have also named a strong squad – including rising stars Sheldon Cottrell, Shimron Hetmyer and Nicolas Pooran. After a disappointing World Cup, they may feel they have something to prove in this series.
West Indies Fantasy News and Playing XI
West Indies Team News
A couple of familiar faces will feature with Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine returning to the national fold after a hiatus. They will be well complemented by Evin Lewis and two of West Indies’ best youngsters in Shimron Hetmyer and Nicolas Pooran. While Andre Russell’s fitness is still a major doubt, they do have the required firepower with Keemo Paul and Carlos Brathwaite capable of clearing the boundaries at will. Sheldon Cottrell, who comes into this series on the back of a brilliant CWC 2019, will spearhead the bowling unit along with the raw pace of Oshane Thomas.
West Indies Key Players
- Sunil Narine- Sunil Narine has been brilliant with the bat and bowl and has been doing great around the globe. The all-rounder can also bat for the team at a difficult situation and will be the main spin bowler for the team.
- Andre Russell- If passed fit for this game, Andre Russell is a must-have in the side with his big-hitting abilities second to no other individual in the cricketing fraternity.
- Oshane Thomas- Oshane Thomas ruffled the India batters when he made his T20I debut. The raw pacer can be game-changer and should be in your Fantasy Team.
West Indies Team Form
West Indies were whitewashed in their most recent T20 series, losing all three matches against England in March. That included being bowled out for 71 in a crushing eight-wicket defeat in the final game of the series in Basseterre. They also lost 3-0 when they last faced India, in India, but beat Bangladesh 2-1 in between.
Probable XI for Fantasy Cricket
Evin Lewis, John Campbell, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Kieron Pollard, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Sunil Narine, Khary Pierre, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas.
India Fantasy News and Playing XI
India Team News
Shikhar Dhawan made a comeback after recovering from a thumb injury. He is expected to be back, opening the batting alongside Rohit Sharma. It means that KL Rahul will most likely be batting at number three. Captain Virat Kohli has come a number of times at four and it won’t be a surprise if he bats there. Both Rohit and Rahul have T20I centuries versus the Windies and their role will be key. After impressing in the IPL, Rahul Chahar could be in line for a debut, as could Navdeep Saini. Washington Sunder and Deepak Chahar have been recalled to the T20i squad, meanwhile
India Key Players
- Rohit Sharma- There is no doubt about this man as he must be in your fantasy side and even you can make him a captain or vice-captain for your team. He had a great form in world cup too and will be continuing his form here as well.
- Virat Kohli- The India captain did not score a century at the World Cup, but he still continued his excellent batting form with five consecutive half-centuries. While his T20i average is lower than the other two formats, it is still above 50, having hit 20 half-centuries in 62 innings.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar- He will be leading the pace attack for the team in the absence of Jasprit Bumrah. So expect him to take some quick wickets at the beginning of the match and even at death overs.
India Team Form
Indian Team had a decent Cricket World Cup 2019 but are without a win in their last three bilateral WI vs IND T20 series, having won six in a row before that. They drew with Australia away, lost 2-1 to New Zealand and then lost both matches on Australia’s tour of India most recently.
Probable XI For Fantasy Cricket
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Navdeep Saini, Khaleel Ahmed.