India vs West Indies; 3rd T20I
Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida.
India tour of West Indies 2019; T20I
Tuesday, 6th August 2019; 8:00 PM IST.
The average first batting score in the last four T20I matches played at the Providence in Guyana has been around 140. However, no team managed to touch 150 in the two matches played at this venue in 2010. This could indicate towards the chances of the pitch being slower when compared to the track in the 2nd T20I.
The weather will be cool throughout the match. Although, some rain disturbance can be expected at the latter stage of the match. This can make another washout game and the winner could be decided on Duckworth Lewis Method again.
India have just managed to register the series to their name with 2-0. They won the second match of the series with 22 runs thanks to the weather that interrupted the match when it was crucial. Now West Indies will be looking to take a respectable defeat by winning the 3rd T20 which is to be held at Providence Stadium, Guyana on Tuesday, 6th August. The contest will be live from 8:00 PM IST.
India won the second T20I at Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida by 22 runs on Duckworth–Lewis–Stern method. India thus takes an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series by winning the first two matches. Batting first, India scored a challenging 167 for five and had West Indies in all sorts of trouble at 98 for four in the 16th over when lightning and thundershowers struck.
There is nothing to lose for the West Indies from this series as they have already lost the T20I series. Now the Windies will be eyeing for a better combination coming into the next match and will be looking for improving the mistakes that were made in the earlier two matches played at Florida. Some of the positives they will be taking from the games are Pollard and Powel’s brilliant batting. Oshane Thomas and Sheldon Cottrell bowing right areas.
West Indies Fantasy News and Playing XI
West Indies Team News
There is nothing new coming from the team’s playing xi selection but they can try other players who hadn’t played a single match in this series. Anthony Bramble who is wicket-keeper batsman can come into the playing xi for his debut. No other changes will be expected from the team.
West Indies Key Players
- Sheldon Cottrell- He has been marvellous with the bowl and got four wickets in the two matches. He is bowling in the right areas and disturbing the Indian batsman upfront and even in death overs.
- Sunil Narine- Narine has nothing done much in the series, but he is capable of turning the match on his own. As he bowls as a frontline spinner and opens batting for the team and can hit some might biggies with the bat.
- Rovman Powell- A attacking right-hand batsman who plays at no.4 for the team and can score big runs very quickly. He has shown what he is capable of in 2nd T20 with not outscore of 54 of 34 balls. The team will be hoping if he could repeat the same performance in this match too and seal the match for his team.
West Indies Team Form
The West Indies were hammered in the second T20 match losing by 22 runs and they were never in the game as they chased down India’s total of 167 with their batsmen once again struggling to compete. The team have lost they’re both the matches and there is nothing much left in the series. Windies will be eyeing for a win in this match and will be trying that they don’t go clean swept.
Probable XI for Fantasy Cricket
Evin Lewis, Sunil Narine, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Kieron Pollard, Kemo Paul, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Sunil Narine, Khary Pierre, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas.
India Fantasy News and Playing XI
India Team News
They have decided to rest Bumrah, Kuldeep and Chahal for this series ahead of their ODI series. The team can make changes to the playing xi as they have already sealed the series, now the team will be looking to try some new combination and give the chances who hadn’t played yet in the series. The Chahar brothers can come in the squad and Shreyas Iyer can also be added in the playing xi.
India Key Players
- Navdeep Saini- Navdeep Saini impressed everyone on his international debut as he took three wickets in the first match of the series. The 26year-old would try to earn a permanent spot in the team by doing well in today’s encounter.
- Rohit Sharma- Rohit Sharma was the top-scorer of the Indian team in both the matches. The ‘hitman’ scored 24 runs in 25 balls on a tough pitch which included two sixes and two fours and played a match-winning knock in the 2nd T20 of 67 of 51 balls. Rohit would be itching to convert a start into a big score in this match and expect him to score a ton.
- Krunal Pandya- he has played well in this series and bowled in those good areas and get you wickets when you need it and can bat at difficult times for the team and can hit some big sixes whenever teams need it.
India Team Form
Rohit Sharma’s 67 and Krunal Pandya’s all-round display helped India seal the three-match T20I series against West Indies. They clinched game 2 in Florida by 22 runs in a rain-affected contest on Sunday morning. The Indian team will be now eyeing on a clean sweep when they face Windies in the 3rd T20I.
Probable XI For Fantasy Cricket
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Navdeep Saini, Khaleel Ahmed.